Friday, June 12, 2009

Our Australian Adventure Ends

Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne
Paddy, Yasmin, Sonia, Nur Azurah (gynaecology team at RCH)
Chelsea - daycare worker
Prue - speech pathologist, Lynette - occupational therapist
Kaye - nurse from BC Women's Hospital
Anna, Martin and Sacha
Bron
Geoff

This is our last post from Melbourne.  What a year!  We've seen so much, we've met some great people and have memories to last us a lifetime.  This has been a fabulous experience and we hope you've enjoyed sharing it with us along the way.

The fellowship year has been such a valuable experience too.  The people I've met (Sonia, Yasmin, Paddy, Nur Azurah, the team at the Mercy Hospital, etc) have all been so welcoming.  I've seen some bread and butter things of paediatric and adolescent gynaecology, but I've also been involved in some weird and wonderful things too.  This year has trained me very well to start up my own practice back in Canada.  It's also opened some doors with regards to ongoing collaboration with physicians here in Australia.  I've gotten my name in print once, and will hopefully get two more articles published too.  It's sad to say good-bye to everyone, but it's also exciting to be heading home to finally get my career going - 38.5 years old isn't too old to start working is it??!!  

Bye-bye Victoria Australia, hello Victoria Canada!  

No comments: